1. First of all, work out cooking time for your ham. Allow 20mins per 450g plus 20 mins extra.
2. Place ham in a large pan with cold water.
3. Add halved onions studded with cloves, stick of cinnamon and stalks of fresh parsley.
4. Bring to the boil slowly, cover and simmer for calculated cooking time less 15 mins.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Preheat oven to 180C, Gas 4.
7. Carefully remove ham from pan and allow to cool a little.
8. Prepare glaze for ham by adding molasses to bowl along with cinnamon and slowly mixing in orange juice.
9. Cut off rind carefully and evenly. Score fat in a diamond pattern using a sharp knife.
10. Decorate the middle of the diamond shapes created with whole cloves pushing them directly into ham at intervals.
11. Place ham in a shallow roasting tin.
12. Spread glaze over skin using pastry brush or spoon. (you can protect the rest of the ham with foil if desired)
13. Place ham glazed side up in oven and roast for 15mins. (Baste half way through cooking if you think necessary)