Cooking Instructions :
1. Remember, after removing your joint from the packaging, pat dry and bring to room temperature.
2. Preheat your oven to 200°C for fan assisted or 215°C for ovens without a fan.
3. Choose a large, heavy-based roasting tray, ideally with deep sides and handles for easy movement.
4. Season with good quality fine sea salt just prior to cooking.
5. Make a trivet by roughly chopping equal amounts of onion, carrot and celery (or our preferred choice of celeriac, the root of the celery) plus a bay leaf, sprig of thyme and a few black peppercorns.
6. Place the beef fat side up onto the trivet which should line the base of the tray.
7. Place in the centre of the oven and roast for 20 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 170°C for fan assisted or 180°C for ovens without a fan. Continue roasting for 15 minutes per every 500g
8. Remove from the oven, put onto a clean tray and keep warm by covering with a sheet of tin foil. Rest for a minimum of 20 minutes before carving, leaving the roasted vegetables in the tray for the gravy.
9. For the gravy, make up 500ml of Essential Cuisine beef stock, then deglaze roasting tray with this stock stirring in all the caramelized juices from the tray. Next, pass through a fine sieve pushing all the juices from the vegetables into a clean saucepan. Bring to a simmer and thicken if required by whisking in a teaspoon of cornflour mixed with a little cold water and reduce until it becomes a rich, glossy gravy.