Please note: Fresh turkey should be stored below 5ºC. Remember to check the use-by date on the label and plan how best to store your bird
On the day of roasting, remove your turkey from packaging, pat dry and bring to room temperature.
1. Preheat your oven to 210°C for fan assisted or 220°C for ovens without a fan.
2. Choose a large, heavy-based roasting tray, ideally with deep sides and handles for easy movement.
3. Melt 100g of unsalted butter in a saucepan until it becomes a liquid, then add 25g of good quality fine sea salt and remove from the heat.
4. Lay a sheet of tin foil on work surface double the size of the crown.
5. Brush the foil with a thin layer of melted butter, then place the turkey in the centre of the foil.
6. Lift the edges slightly and pour the remaining butter over the turkey. Carefully pull the tin foil up and scrunch the edges together, then gently twist the ends to form something that resembles a Christmas cracker
7. Place onto a roasting tray and cook for 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 180ºc fan assisted or 190ºc for ovens without a fan and cook for an additional 45 minutes per kilo, reaching a core temperature of minimum 75°C.
8. Remove from the oven, put onto a clean tray and keep warm by covering with a sheet of tin foil. Rest for up to 1 hour before carving.